Who do I need to contact if I have a complaint about my contractor?

If you feel your contractor has committed fraud, misconduct, negligence, or has abandoned their contracted duties, you may wish to filke a complaint against their license. While much of this is a civil issue, we can help you contact the correct departments to take action. 

You will need to contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). You can file a complaint online or contact the local office at (850)-487-1395. 

Show All Answers

1. When is a building permit required?
2. What Projects are exempt from needing a permit?
3. Will my project require plans?
4. When do I need an alteration permit?
5. When do I need a Notice of Commencement (NOC)?
6. Do I need a permit for a fence?
7. Do I need a permit to remove a tree from my property?
8. Do I need a permit to do minor roof repair?
9. Do I need a permit to replace my driveway slab?
10. Do I need a permit to pour a patio slab?
11. How long is my permit valid?
12. My permit expired. What do I do?
13. If I fail an inspection, what do I do?
14. I own a rental property and would like to apply for a building permit. Can I obtain the permit as an owner builder?
15. I'm a property owner. Can I apply for a building permit, if I am not a licensed contractor?
16. What is the difference if I obtain a permit myself or have a contractor obtain a permit for work on my house?
17. Who do I need to contact if I have a complaint about my contractor?
18. I wish to remove my contractor from the job. What is needed?
19. I am no longer having work done that was permitted. What do I do?