Doing Business With The City
The Purchasing Division is responsible for the purchase of all supplies, equipment, services, and construction for the departments and divisions of the City.
Purchase orders are the preferred method to purchase supplies, equipment, services, and construction. The Purchasing Division will issue a hard copy confirmation of the purchase order to the vendor.
Do not accept verbal purchase orders unless the city employee is able to provide the purchase order number assigned by the Purchasing Division, and assure that the hard copy confirmation will follow. It is also highly recommended that you confirm the verbal purchase order by contacting the Purchasing Division.
To Be Added as An Approved Vendor for the City
Fax or email a completed vendor application and W9. Return both items, completed and signed to the Purchasing Division (Fax: 850-833-9643 or Email James Hunt).
As with all transactions with Florida municipalities, information is subject to public records inquiries.
To Receive Automatic Notifications of Formal Bids (3rd Party Notifications)
We also invite vendors to participate in third-party online vendor registration through VendorRegistry.com and with BidNetDirect. These independent portals will enable you to get notifications when the City uploads a new bid document. However, to be an approved vendor with the City, please follow the instructions on Item 1 above.
Vendor Registry can be accessed at Vendor Registry
- There is no fee for this service to register with Vendor Registry or to do business with the City of Fort Walton Beach.
- Vendor Registry features an opportunity to connect with other local governments, including Fort Walton Beach. Questions regarding the online registration process offered by Vendor Registry should be addressed to Vendor Registry at:
844-802-9202 (Toll-free number).
BidNet Direct can be accessed at BidNet Direct
For about $90 for the entire year, you can search the full list of open opportunities on Florida Bid System all on one list, and all in one online location. Other advantages of the upgrading include:
- Real-time notification of solicitations, addenda, and awards
- Advance notice of term contract expirations
- Full customer service support
- Opportunities matched to your business on its own list
Search through all potential business opportunities with ease; upgrade your access today. If you have any questions about the Florida Bid System or the benefits of upgrading your access to the system, please call the Florida Online System support team at 800-835-4603.
Be sure to follow the FWB City Purchasing Policies
- Itemized invoices, in duplicate, bearing the Purchase Order Number must be mailed on the day of shipment to the City of Fort Walton Beach, 107 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, FWB, FL 32548 - ACCTS PAYABLE. If the City is responsible for transportation costs, a bill of lading or express receipt must be attached to your invoice. Show our Purchase Order Number immediately following our name.
- Invoices subject to cash discount should be mailed on the day they are dated. If they are not, the discount period will begin on the day bills are received by the City's Accounts Payable Department